I couldn’t have asked for a more eventful first day of my holiday. Who else can do all the following within one day?
- Trawled my way to Portobello Market and discover a little known Spanish church in Notting Hill
- Ventured into a swooning bakery called the Hummingbird and bought the most delightful muffin, ever
- Consumed eight cookies, five doughnuts and four grande coffee
- Stood out like a sore thumb among the suited bankers at Canary Wharf
- Dipped into the world of said bankers by having lunch at Morgan Stanley
- Mistaken the Olympic 2012 council building as the Mayor of London’s office
- Enjoyed the best of winter in London by strolling half dressed along River Thames
- Visited Tower of London and its endless (what else?) towers after two unsuccessful attempts two years ago
- Struggled to remain awake while being serenaded with Pachelbel Canon at Covent Garden
- Gaped like an idiot at the largest Apple store in the world (three storeys, man!)
- Being all nonchalant at dinner while the gorgeous Jessica Michibata and her F1 driver boyfriend Jenson Button canoodled at the next table
And London was not even my actual planned itinerary.
Okay time to get lost in the medinas!