Let’s just say the day started for me with a delectable spread of Japanese buffet dinner at Siam Discovery. The food was delicious, I was starving, but just could stomach a third helping of their food.
I think I failed miserably as a wannabe foodie even on holiday.
Probably today will be the day when I should take things easy. Ah….. what do I know. It’s not even midnight yet. In Bangkok, the City of
Sins Smiles, everything can change in a flash.
And I am fickle minded even at the best of time.
(This post will be updated again later)
Sawadeekrap! I am back from my third trip to the Land of Thousand Smiles, and man it had been on whirlwind of a holiday for me. Glorious food, excellent sights, friendly Thais… Indeed, I have left Bangkok with a heavy heart.
Just for the heck of it – these are fried bugs from the night streets of Silom
Farewell, Bangkok. I
will hope to be back soon!
I have plenty to update. My Bloglines are bursting! Thanks for all the emails, guys. Will get to it as soon as possible. Tomorrow I will be reporting to a new job. New job, new office, new career, new life? Wish me luck!
Little notes for the day
1) Went to Siam Paragon again to visit the Siam Ocean World. For 450 Bath, it is a MUST visit. Took lots of photos and videos
2) Shopped at MBK. Bought some stuff for self. Satisfied
3) Went for a massage, not so good and expensive. Sigh
4) Found Mango Tree (at last)! Made reservation for the night
5) Headed back to hotel to clean off the massage oil. Yucks
6) Headed out early. Friends were late so had some snack at Mango Tree. Totally dig the ambience!
7) Dinner was fantastic. 6 dishes, 3 drinks, coffee and snacks for 1900+ Bath. Worth it!
8) Bar hopping with friends. It’s fun to ask the dancers to come down and sit with you and talk to them. Surprisingly many were Uni- or high school grads, and they speak English rather well
9) Headed back hotel well past midnight for my much needed slumber
Alright, last day in Bangkok! :P Spent a fortune here. Will have to skimp for the rest of the month – but the sacrifice will be worth it!
Little notes for the day
1) JetStar Asia is highly recommended if you are seeking for budget airlines
2) Was leeched 600 Bath taking a limo service from airport to my hotel. Damn.
3) Tower Inn Hotel has huge rooms! Friendly staff, okay location, not luxurious
4) 15 minutes walk to Silom Central. Bug and Bee for lunch. Was okay
5) Headed to the shopping areas – MBK, Siam Centre, Siam Discovery Centre, Siam Paragon
6) Bought some souveniers
7) Had foot massage. Heavenly.
8) Dined again at MBK. Burp.
9) Rested at hotel, before heading out to look for Mango Tree
10) Was lost at Patpong Area. The gogo girls are so much energetic and entertaining than the gogo boys.
11) Gave up searching and had a nice dinner at a cafe.
12) Caught a gogo boys show. An eye opener, so different from the usual “tiger show”. It’s…
13) Too tired. Headed back to hotel. Bought of a pack of friend bugs. Ate some.
14) Ordered room service on a whim. Half finished it only
15) Heavenly slumber till early morning today :D
More photos when I am back. Ooohhh… there is a Roti Boy joint right at Silom, and the queue was bloody long. Good one!