You Got Me Blogging is written by Razlan Manjaji.
You are probably here because of one of these few things:
- You love to eat and wanted some novice opinion on the food scene in HK
- You stumbled here from search engines looking for travel information
- You digested the said information and wanted to ask me things
- You are intrigued by this person who jump from one topic to another with no apparent order
- Or… you are my friends (and foes) who just want to find out how I am doing
This blog manifested itself in 2005, and has since then evolved, changed, dumped, resurrected and evolved again, very much like myself. 2005 was the year when I started taking on the corporate race and discovered that I am not exactly a champion-rat material. A rat, yes, but sans the crown.
Over the years as I grew up – ten years in Singapore, and now in Hong Kong – I underwent many life-changing experiences, from love pain, travel joy, career woes… something that I and many of my blog readers can identify with. My life is uniquely straddled between Singapore (which I miss more than I can to admit) and Hong Kong (which I call home but not in my heart… yet).
I liken blogging to therapy (it’s cheaper than counselling, and then some) and I write because I love to. Food, movies, travel, social media, digital news… nothing escapes my arguably short-attention span, and if it is blogworthy, it will be here.
Okay, maybe not politics.
Things I like: Social media (when I am not overwhelmed with work), backpacking through the world (at least, parts that I can afford to), eating out (on good days when the 30″ pants fits) and of course, blogging.
Things I dislike: Overpriced ego, people who takes the lift to second floor, yapping puppies with ear-piercing shrieks, and feminists who demand for gender equality but yet expect a man to pay for everything.
My favorite quote, one which I learned in my teenage years: “To have faith is to believe in things you cannot see, and the reward of faith is to see things you believed in”
How do you get more out of You Got Me Blogging?
1) Get in touch with me directly
2) Subscribe to my blog updates via your favorite RSS reader
3) Get my latest blog post delivered to your inbox
4) Enrol into my newsletters for a digest of my weekly mischiefs
I work for South China Morning Post as a digital product manager. This my personal blog. The opinions that I express here do not necessarily represent those of my employer. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
Credit: This comprehensive About page is inspired by Michael Hyatt.