This was it. This was the reason why I worked hard all those months, saved all those money, and traveled these many miles to Greenland.
The iceberg-studded Disko Bay was certainly a sight to behold. It was drizzling when we arrived, but that didn’t dampen our spirits upon seeing the town of Ilulissat and the enchanting Disko Bay. The icebergs were a bit dirtier than expected, but hey, I can’t expect everything to be pristine white, right? These monstrosity of nature were thousands of years in the making, and I am certain it will continue to enthrall me for many years to come.
Today was very much spent on the road, getting in and out of town. The flight experience from Nuuk to Ilulissat was very comical. Long story short, we were two of the six passengers onboard on an direct flight into town.
After a somewhat uninspiring meal at the restaurant of Hotel Icefiord, where we will be putting up at during the entire time we are in Ilulissat, we are ready to call it a night and be rested for the big adventure tomorrow!
See more of my Greenland 2013 posts:
- The One With First Impression Of Nuuk
- The One With A Nuuk Experience – National Greenland Museum, Santa Claus Post Office, Katuag Cultural Centre & Kolonihavn
- The One With Travel Guides & Resources To Nuuk, Greenland
- The One With First Impression of Ilulissat
- The One With Icebergs Excursion At Disko Bay – A Tale Of Midnight Sun, Restaurant Ulo & The Ilimanaq
- The One With Ilulissat Kangerlua – The Hike To Holms Bakke
- The One With Last Day At Greenland
- The One With Travel Guides & Resources To Ilulissat, Greenland
- The One With Christmas – Joy From Greenland & Thoughts On Friendships
- The One With Greenland – Travel Guide, Writings & Reflection