Tales of Phuket – Third, and Last, Night in Phuket

And so… the final night of my Phuket trip beckoned. As I need to start my journey to the airport next morning at 7 a.m., I knew I couldn’t afford a hectic night out.

So my plan was simple. A massage. A dinner. A drink. And then back to hotel.

Headed to Wanida again, and to my delight the next therapist in line was the pedicure lady whom I mentioned in my earlier posts. As usual she was very cheeky with me, but I didn’t mind. Her skills in foot massage was… phenomenal. Easily the best I had. I was so relaxed and pleased that, when she was doing my shoulders and neck, I asked if she does Thai massage as well.

Of course she does. So I said, let’s do another hour of Thai massage.

That would be the first time I did a body massage at Wanida, so I didn’t know what to expect. Would it be sleazy? I doubt so… considering how the girls here were dressed – simple T-shirt and jeans. The pedicure lady (of whom I still don’t know the name!) led me to the upper floor, into a dimly lit room. Some mattresses were on the floor, separated from view of each other with a curtain.

And so she did me. LOL, that sounded dirty.

But she did me good. I was groaning and panting a bit as she cracked and worked on my tired body. I can hear giggles from other “mattresses” – obviously I was pretty loud – but I couldn’t be bothered.

At one point my right leg was folded on top of my left knee, and my left leg was raised high up, the sole of my feet facing skyward. The cheeky lady said, “You must give me big tip ah… if not I can kill you now!”

As if to demonstrate her threat was real, she pressed on my feet. It was painful.

But I decided to play along. I said, “No tip for you!”

Cue more giggles and laughter from the others that I couldn’t see. And then she pressed harder on the sole of my feet.

The pain was excruciating! Then I said, “OK! OK! Big tip!”

That was fun. I planned to tip her big anyway, and I did. The grin she had as she ushered me out of the shop was worth every baht. I hope she will be around when I visit Phuket next.

After that I went to have a simple dinner, again at The Orchid. After that I took a nap, before went to find Yot again. It was almost like a repeat of the previous night, only more relaxed, more cosy with friends.

It was almost 3 a.m. in the morning when I went back to my hotel. As I drifted off to sleep, I was hit with the realisation that, again, I will Phuket when I leave the next morning. But this time, I will be able to get over it quickly.

Tales of Phuket - Third, and Last, Night in Phuket by

Post Navigation